HOHNER SPECIAL 20, 10-HOLE, DIATONIC HARMONICA, C
Hohner’s Special 20 harmonica became a classic as soon as it was released in the 1950s. Its design and sound was so good, it is still in production today and has become a legendary harmonica for both beginners and professionals alike.
- Brass reeds and reed plates assembled on black plastic comb
- 10-hole, 3 octave, diatonic tuning suitable for Blues, Folk, Country & Acoustic Pop music
- Tuned to Just Intonation for optimised playing of chords, octaves and melodies
- Closed-sided cover plates, ergonomic and comfortable to hold, provide a warm tone
- The world’s first diatonic harmonica with projecting mouth piece and recessed reed plates, ensures air-tightness, water resistance and player comfort
- All screw assembly for reed plates and cover plates for easy access and repair
- Replacement reed plates available; inter-changeable with Rocket Harmonicas and combs
- Made in Germany
The Special 20 model by Hohner, is part of its Progressive Series of diatonic harmonicas. Available in all 12 major keys, as well as a custom ‘Country Tuning’ version, which allows for a Major 7th chord in 2nd position (crossharp) playing.
A unique, beautifully mellow sound, based on a revolutionary concept: the Special 20 was the first diatonic harmonica in the world with reed plates recessed into the comb, creating a projecting plastic mouthpiece. This makes it more comfortable to play, and the most copied harmonica design worldwide. Its distinctive sound is perfect for everything from Folk and Country to Rock and Pop. The Special 20 offers everything a professional harpist needs