HOHNER SPECIAL 20, 10-HOLE, DIATONIC HARMONICA, C
Hohner’s Special 20 harmonica became a classic as soon as it was released in the 1950s. Its design and sound was so good, it is still in production today and has become a legendary harmonica for both beginners and professionals alike.
- Brass reeds and reed plates assembled on black plastic comb
- 10-hole, 3 octave, diatonic tuning suitable for Blues, Folk, Country & Acoustic Pop music
- Tuned to Just Intonation for optimised playing of chords, octaves and melodies
- Closed-sided cover plates, ergonomic and comfortable to hold, provide a warm tone
- The world’s first diatonic harmonica with projecting mouth piece and recessed reed plates, ensures air-tightness, water resistance and player comfort
- All screw assembly for reed plates and cover plates for easy access and repair
- Replacement reed plates available; inter-changeable with Rocket Harmonicas and combs
- Made in Germany
The Special 20 model by Hohner, is part of its Progressive Series of diatonic harmonicas. Available in all 12 major keys, as well as a custom ‘Country Tuning’ version, which allows for a Major 7th chord in 2nd position (crossharp) playing.