01-H500/1-64-0, HOFNER VINTAGE ’64 BEATLE BASS, ANTIQUE BROWN SUNBURST, SPRUCE TOP, MAPLE BACK/SIDES, TWO H511B STAPLE HUMBUCKING PICKUPS, HOLLOW BODY WITH NO CENTRE BLOCK, WITH VINTAGE STYLE H64/VB-R HARDCASE. INCLUDES CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY, CLEANING CLOTH, FACTORY PHOTOS, STICKERS & CONTROL PANEL INSTRUCTIONS.
New Hofner H500/1-64-0
Vintage ’64 Reissue of Paul McCartney’s Beatle violin bass from the Hofner H500/1 series.
When Sir Paul McCartney purchased a 500/1 Violin Bass in 1961 to use with The Beatles, Hofner soon became a household name amongst musicians worldwide. In 1963 Hofner gave a new and improved model to Paul. This ’64 reissue has the same specifications as Paul’s ’63 except for the newly added neck binding. The Hofner Staple humbuckers deliver a classic warm and woody, almost acoustic-style tone.
This package includes factory photos, Hofner cleaning cloth, stickers, certificate of authenticity and vintage style hardshell case
- Hofner Beatles bass, ’64 style
- Top made of selected German spruce
- Body made of maple
- 3-Piece maple neck
- Thin ’64 neck profile
- Neck binding
- Fretboard: Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia)
- 22 Frets
- Scale: 76 cm
- Nut width: 42 mm
- Pickups: 2 Höfner H511B “Staple Humbucking”
- Höfner HA2-B: Control plate with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Single machine heads
- Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Colour: Antique Brown Sunburst
- Incl. Vintage style hardcase (H64/VB-R)
- Made in Germany